Role of the Board
The inaugural Workforce Development Board will provide strategic direction and oversight for the following activities:
- Competitively select qualified providers to deliver employment-related services to adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- Partner with local elected officials to develop a Local Plan to be submitted to the Governor of California.
- Initiate workforce research and labor market analysis to inform the efforts of the Board and other entities across the region.
- Convene regional stakeholders and forge collaborations among business, government, educational institutions, training providers, and community groups to further the goals of the workforce system.
- Lead efforts to engage with a diverse range of employers to better align the skills of the workforce with employers' needs and to support employer utilization of the workforce development system.
- Develop career pathways within the local area by aligning employment, training, education, and supportive services, particularly for individuals with barriers to employment.
- Create a strategic vision and set measurable goals for a demand-driven workforce development system.
- Ensure the appropriate use, management, and investment of funds to maximize performance outcomes.
|Meeting Committee||Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes|